It's the weekend! We had an entire day off after Swahili this morning. We had breakfast at 7 then went to Swahili at 8-10. We had Africa's wonderful chai and then caught a ride into town. That was interesting using public transport. We walked down the long dirt road from the seminary and just stood out on the side of the road until the bus came. We all couldn't fit into one so we had to split up. Shana, Chelsea, Forrest and I all took one together and had to stand up (they are so tiny yet they fit so many people). The people were teaching us Swahili because we told them we were learning. They were so sweet. We got off at the closest stop and walked the rest of the way into town. I bought Airtel money to put into my Airtel money account so I don't run out of credit and I went to the supermarket to buy snacks for my 18 hour bus ride to Bariadi on Wednesday! It is so soon, I am not ready to say good bye to my new friends. I bought homemade peanut butter, bread, and banana chips. Hopefully that will hold me over! I also got a pack of peanut m&ms which I was so excited about because we haven't found any chocolate!! We found a really cool spot to eat lunch in town called oasis. It was a hotel but my friend at the Swahili school told me about it. We all got Indian food and sat outside. There was such a beautiful view of the mountains which I loved.
On the way home we each took a piki piki (motorcycle). It was so funnn! I found a guy with a helmet and hopped on behind him and we took off. We went on the back roads and it was gorgeouss. (Highlight of my day!!) When I got back home I took a nap until dinner. I was running a low grade fever so I think I just need some rest! Dinner was not the best so Shana and I just had one giant mango! My favorite fruit! Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment