Today was the last day of teaching at Nyurungu Secondary School. We played a giant review game of jeopardy from everything the students had learned this week! They loved it. We incorporated math and science so the students could pick a subject and a value of difficulty for their team to answer. I was so sad that today was the last day teaching with the kids! I am going to miss them so much. I gave them my phone number and one girl, Prisca has called and called wanting to teach me Swahili! She is so sweet. Last night, I got pretty sick. I was up half the night and could not stop getting sick. I was a trooper though and went to school! I got sick at school which was not fun but we just told the students to go on break. I skipped Swahili to nap and went to dinner feeling pretty queasy. Before dinner we had a session on how to teach with limited resources. Kim gave us two minutes to run to our room and get as many things as we could grab. She paired us up into teams and then called out different lesson topics and we had to create a lesson with only the objects we had as a team. It was so fun! You really can teach so many topics with such random things.
That night I slept through the night so it was much better. Shana and I attempted to watch lion king before bed but we both made it for about 10 minutes and fell asleep. The life of a teacher haha. I will write tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment